For people that are considering staying in Japan for longer than 3 months, they require a student visa to do so. With a student visa, you can study in Japan for up to 2 years and with a work permit, you are allowed to work up to 28 hours a week whilst you study. The application generally takes around 6 months and require a list of documents in order to make the application.

Short Term (3 months)

Long Term (12 months)